Raffi Yedalian Follow Artist
Born in Beirut in 1973, Yedalian is a Lebanese-Armenian painter and sculptor. He studied etching at the Academie Libanaise des Beaux-Arts “ALBA”, and fine arts at the Academy of Fine Art Toros Roslin. He is a member of the Lebanese Artists Association of Painters and Sculptors and a member of the Artists Union of Armenia.
Yedalian’s work has been showcased in: Volta Basel (Switzerland), Moderne Art (France), Art 15 London (UK), XIIth Florence Biennale (Italy), Red Dot Miami (USA), Beirut Art Fair (Lebanon), Contemporary Art Platform CAP (Kuwait), Art Week Dubai (UAE), International Print Festival Life N Style (Georgia).
He was awarded the “Lorenzo il Magnifico” Gold Medal at the XIIth Florence Biennale 2019, for his painting installation “Reflection of an Enigmatic Mind” dedicated to the fifth centenary of Leonardo Da Vinci's death.
In 2012, a miniature bronze replica of his monument “Meghabard” became a part of H.H. Pope Benedict XVI’s collection in the Vatican City.
In 2015, Yedalian presented his painting of the “Blessed Ignatius Maloyan” to H.H. Pope Francis in St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican, and that painting was then reproduced and issued by the Philatelic and Numismatic Office of the Vatican City State to a Limited Edition Stamp.
In 2015, his bronze monument “Gratitude” was installed in Gemmayzeh Pasteur Street, Beirut, Lebanon, and in 2016 the monument of “Blessed Ignatius Maloyan”, in the Convent of Our Lady of Bzommar, Lebanon. In 2017 he sculpted the Torch of Our Lady of Fatima which was offered by His Beatitude Patriarch Cardinal RAI on behalf of the Catholic Church of Lebanon to the Shrine of Fatima in Portugal.
Yedalian’s works are permanent collections in numerous museums such as the Sursock Museum in Beirut, the Vatican City, Modern and Contemporary Art Museum “MACAM” in Lebanon, Modern Art Museum of Yerevan in Armenia, Museum of the Shrine of Fatima in Portugal, Museum of The Armenian Genocide in Armenia, Ministry of Culture in Lebanon, Museum of the Convent of Our Lady of Bzommar in Lebanon, Museum of the Great House of Cilicia in Lebanon, and many more throughout the world.
2019 “Lorenzo il Magnifico” Gold Medal, XIIth Florence Biennale, Florence Italy.
2013 Prize at the competition of the Age of Bronze at the Modern and Contemporary Art Museum “MACAM”, Alita, Lebanon.
- “Asymmetrical Balance”, AGBU Armenia in partnership with Armenia Art Fair - 2022 in / Yerevan / Armenia
- Volta Basel - 2021 in / Basel / Switzerland
- Moderne Art - 2021 in / Paris / France
- Beirut Art Fair - 2019 in / Beirut / Lebanon
- XIIth Florence Biennale - 2019 in / Florence / Italy
- Life N Style International Print Festival - 2018 in Contemporary Art Space / Batumi / Georgia
- Cultural Narratives - 2018 in Art Week Dubai, Alserkal Avenue / Dubai / United Arab Emirates
- - 2018 in Haigazian University of Beirut / Beirut / Lebanon
- Red Dot Miami Art Fair - 2017 in / Miami / USA
- Lebanese Cultural Week in Kuwait - 2017 in / Kuwait City / Kuwait
- - 2017 in Art on 56th / Beirut / Lebanon
- Bitasarrof - 2016 in Lebanese National Library of Beirut / Beirut / Lebanon
- Art 15 London’s Global Art Fair - 2015 in / Olympia / United Kingdom