Born in 1975 in Jerusalem, Steve Sabella is a Berlin-based artist who practices photography and photographic installation as his principal ways of expression. In 1997, he earned his Art Photography degree from the Musrara School of Photography in Jerusalem. In 2007, he pursued a Bachelor’s degree in Visual Studies at the Empire State College, State University of New York, and in 2008, a MA in Photographic Studies from the University of Westminster, with a Caparo Award of Distinction. Through a Saïd Foundation Scholarship, he was able to pursue his second MA in 2009 at the Sotheby’s Institute of Art. In 2008, Sabella was awarded the Independent Photographers Terry O’Neil Award in the UK, as well as the Ellen Auerbach Award from the Akademie der Künste in Berlin, Germany. In 2014, he was appointed by the Bahrain National Museum to present Sinopia as part of the touring exhibition entitled Recreational Purpose.
- - 2014-01-23 in International Center of Photography / New York City, NY / USA
- - 2014-01-23 in Fotofest Biennial / Texas / USA
- - 2015-01-23 in Barjeel Art Foundation / Sharjah / United Arab Emirates
- Nel Mezzo del Mezzo - 2015-01-23 in Museo Riso / Palermo / Italy
- The 1st Biennial of Arab Photography - 2015-01-23 in Arab World Institute & Maison Européenne de la Photographie / Paris / France
- - 2017-01-23 in The Bumiller Collection / Berlin / Germany