Born in London in 1965 to Iranian parents, Mariam Mudarres moved to Tehran a year after. Her father, a self-taught painter, through his love of design and colour theory, influenced her and inspired her to pursue painting. Mudarres moved back to London after the Iranian Revolution and went on to graduate from the American College in London with a degree in Commercial Arts. She mainly enjoys figure drawing with charcoal, though, during the last couple of years, she discovered her love of oil painting.
- - 2015 in Galerie Nicolas Flamel / Paris / France
- Art for Youth sponsored by Amlin PLC - 2011 in Royal College of Art / London / United Kingdom
- - 2010 in Gallery Maya / London / United Kingdom
- Art for Youth sponsored Amlin PLC - 2009 in Mall Galleries / London / United Kingdom
- Art for Youth sponsored by Rothschild - 2008 in Mall Galleries / London / United Kingdom