Jamil Molaeb was born in Lebanon in 1948. He studied in the US and has a Master’s Degree from Pratt institute, New York. He also earned a PhD in Art Education from the University of Ohio. Molaeb’s paintings and woodcuts largely explore his native Lebanon. His love of the sea is reflected in his vibrant blue coastal views, while his mountain and village landscapes celebrate nature in all its diversity. His recent works are influenced by Egyptian hieroglyphs and characterised by repetitive miniatures evocative of Lebanese traditions.
- - 2017-03-05 in Galerie Janine Rubeiz / Beirut / Lebanon
- Rebirth - 2011-03-05 in Beirut Exhibition Center / Beirut / Lebanon
- Brushes for feathers - 2006-03-05 in Sursock Museum / Beirut / Lebanon
- The World Bank - in Washington DC / USA
- Sursock Museum - 2019-03-05 in Beirut / Lebanon