Born in Cairo1958 . He studied painting at the Faculty of Fine Arts in Cairo from 1976 where he graduated from the Mural Painting Section 1981.
Between 1982 and 1985, he studied at Accademia di Belle Arte in Roma. He studied at Breitner Academie, Amsterdam, in 2002-03
Marouf lives and works in Cairo, Amsterdam and Milan.
Internationally, he has shown his paintings at Museum Complesso del Vittoriano, Rome - Institute du Monde Arabe, Paris - PAN Amsterdam, Kunst Rai, as many solo shows in Netherlands and Dubai.
Essam Marouf's artworks are part of various private, corporate and museum collections locally and abroad.
- Painting... this magnificent way of life - 2017 in Helga Hofman gallery / Alphen aan den Rijn / Netherlands
- - 2017 in Direktorenhaus / Berlin / Germany
- Muse - 2017 in Ofok gallery / Giza / Egypt
- The Sequence of Face - 2014 in Gallery Misr / Cairo / Egypt
- - 2011 in Mahmoud Khalil Museum / Giza / Egypt
- Contemporary views III - 2010 in Al-Masar Gallery / Cairo / Egypt