Born in Beirut in 1968, Joe Kesrouani starts painting and taking photographs at the early age of 14. In 1990, he moves to Paris to study architecture at the Ecole de Paris – La Villette. In 1998, after graduating, Kesrouani moves back to Beirut to pursue a path in photography. His works revolve around portraits, nudes, landscapes and urban architecture photography. His transition of black and white photography to colour photography depicts the brutality of everyday life. Though his photographs hint at documentarian approaches, they are not. Kesrouani works and resides today in Beirut.
- Première Biennale des Photographes du Monde Arabe Contemporain - 2015 in IMA / Paris / France
- - 2013 in lnstitut d’Etudes Superieures des Arts / Paris / France
- Beirut Art Fair - 2012 in SMO Gallery / Beirut / Lebanon
- Syri- Arts - 2013 in Beirut Exhibition Center / Beirut / Lebanon
- Gravity - 2012 in FFA Private Bank / Beirut / Lebanon
- Salon d’Automne - 2012 in Beirut Exhibition Center / Beirut / Lebanon
- Paris Photo - 2016 in Galerie Odile Ouizeman, Grand Palais / Paris / France