Aida Halloum Follow Artist
Born in 1967 in Kuwait, Aida Halloum studied at the Lebanese University, graduating with a Diploma in Fine Arts in 1993.
Halloum is known for creating vibrant, dynamic works in oil on canvas, many of which explore nature-related themes in both a rural and domestic setting. Her topics range from colorful flowers and plants, assembled in pots, brightening up an outdoor space or table, to fields and rolling hills in a tapestry of hues stretching through the countryside and birds congregating in search of a morning feed. Halloum’s works display clever use of light, while she also adopts abstraction to add another dimension to her art, building personal emotion into a scene and location.
As well as creating art, Halloum has worked as an art teacher since 1994, first at the Omar Al-Mokhtar Centre, Bekaa, and most recently at the Technical School in Arsal, where she lives. She has held several individual shows at Aïda Cherfan Fine Art Gallery and her work has also been featured in a number of collective exhibitions.
- - 2018 in Aïda Cherfan Gallery, Saifi / Beirut / Lebanon
- - 2017 in Aïda Cherfan Gallery, Saifi / Beirut / Lebanon
- - 2015 in Aïda Cherfan Gallery / Antelias / Lebanon
- - 2013 in Aïda Cherfan Gallery / Beirut / Lebanon
- - 2005 in Zaman Gallery / Beirut / Lebanon