Soha Ghandour is a self-taught Lebanese photographer. In 2016, she developed an interest in photography when she started strongly noticing the different surroundings around her: from physical structures, people and moments of everyday life.
Most of her pictures are taken spontaneously as she is heading towards a destination, and the scenes she is drawn to are the ones marked by a dynamic colorful composition. In September 2016, Ghandour was selected as the finalist of the Byblos Bank Award for Photography (Lebanon). Following that, she decided to leave her corporate job and focus solely on photography. In June 2018, Ghandour held her first solo exhibition in Beyrouth. A month later, she was designated as third place winner in the “Travel” category of the Iphone Photography Award. She was featured in media publications such as “The Guardian”, “The Huffington Post” and “Getty Reportage”.
Awards and Nominations:
- Finalist at the Phoenicia Hotel Art Photo (PHAP) competition (March 2019)
- Third place winner, “Travel” Category at the Iphone Photography Awards (July 2018)
- Best October entry of the Sony World Photography Awards (October 2017)
- Finalist at the Byblos Bank Award for photography (September 2016)
- Exhibition presenting "Beyrouth Collection” series in the frame of Beirut Design Week - 2019 in Pop Up Concept store / Beirut / Lebanon
- Prints showcased - 2018 in CUB Gallery / Beirut / Lebanon
- “Under the Sun” series - 2018 in The Sage Parlour / Beirut / Lebanon