Born in Tehran in 1974, Shadi Ghadirian attended the Azad University in Tehran to study Photography. Her main subject is the women in Iran today and how they are torn between tradition and the modernity of globalisation. In her Like Every Day series, Ghadirian express the daily routines that many women find themselves consigned to and defined by. Her work is well linked to her identity as a Muslim woman living in Iran. She questions the role of women in society and explores the ideas of censorship, religion, modernity, and the status of women. Ghadirian currently works at the Museum of Photography in Tehran.
- - 2011-01-23 in Boghossian Foundation / Brussels / Belgium
- - 2011-01-23 in SilkRoad Gallery / Tehran / Iran
- Light from the Middle East - 2012-01-23 in The Victoria and Albert Museum / London / United Kingdom
- - 2012-01-23 in The International Photo Festival / Kusadasi / Turkey
- - 2013-01-23 in Podbielsky Contemporary Gallery / Berlin / Germany