Born in 1973 in Iran, Tehran, Firouz FarmanFarmaian is a contemporary artist who, at four years old, left his homeland of Iran for Europe. Inspired by the history and culture of Iran, his work is strongly centred on figures and flashes of memories from the past. With an emphasis on themes of nature, cityscapes and back-and-forth between realism and abstraction, FarmanFarmaian’s compositions hold a deeply symbolic trait that links back to politics, philosophy and art. His body of work extends to a variety of mediums, including paintings, sculptures, films and music. He now resides in Marbella, Spain.
- Chapel Series Exhibit - 2018 in Fabien Fryns Fine Arts, Alcuzcuz Domain / Benahavis / Spain
- Art & Freedom - 2018 in Galerie Golan Rouzkhosh / Paris / France
- Nomadic Displacement, Site Specific Installation - 2017 in Marrakech Museum / Marrakech / Morocco
- Strata - 2017 in Golan Rouzkhosh Gallery / Hamburg / Germany
- Art Brief III: The (Un)Draped Woman - 2017 in Arena 1 Gallery / Santa Monica / USA