Jimmy El Homsy
Jimmy is a dynamic and passionate artist from Lebanon born in 1980. He lived in Beirut following graduation in Graphic Design with a Bachelor of Arts, and Fine Arts Continuing Education Program in 2008 from the American University of Science & Technology.
He was assigned throughout more than 15 years, different jobs in design, advertising and marketing for reputable local and international companies. In addition to teaching art and design in educational institutions, he undertook art commissions, and conducted guided art therapy and private art tutoring.
Jimmy’s interpretation of the spirit of fine art saturates his work with a unique expressive richness. Although each new subject seems to dictate the style and approach, his paintings have always limitless use of color, light, texture, atmosphere, energy, and emotion.
He became a fully dedicated artist by the end of the year 2019, seven years after being slightly away from the art scene learning and exploring. His latest work has been showcased in a collective exhibition at Kan Yama Kan Gallery in Beirut.
Jimmy’s primary goal is to continue developing his unique style, by expressing the form and anatomy as well as color and composition, through a representational painting approach of everything human.
- A Story of Love and War Collective - 2021 in Kan Yama Kan Designs / Beirut / Lebanon
- Project Dot Dot Dot Sketches Virtual Solo Exhibition - 2020 in Exhibbit Gallery / Online / Lebanon
- Project Dot Dot Dot - 2018 in Social Platforms / Beirut / Lebanon
- No Vulgarity Only Nudity - 2011 in Exode Art Gallery / Beirut / Lebanon
- Journée Internationale de la Francophonie - 2006 in UNESCO / Beirut / Lebanon