Rashid DiabFollow Artist
Rashid Diab was born in 1957 and grew up in Wad Medani, a small town on the banks of the Blue Nile in Sudan.
In 1980, he went to Spain on a scholarship to further his studies in art. At this time, he began to fully appreciate his diverse Sudanese heritage and since then he has maintained and developed an extensive vocabulary of images and patterns in his mind from Sudan’s cultural history.
Art, for him, is ultimately the connection between human beings. It is also what sustains cultures and indicates the material aspects of civilizations and so, as human beings, we are responsible for maintaining and developing our cultural history.
This is the belief that he wishes to communicate and the dream that he is now endeavoring to make real at the Rashid Diab Arts Centre in Khartoum. The centre was created to support and develop education in the creative arts in Sudan and increase awareness of traditional and contemporary Sudanese art. Furthermore, by his design of centre, he wishes to create a unique sense of colour and space; born from his innermost thoughts and feelings.
- - 2019 in National Museum / Manama / Bahrain
- - 2018 in / Nairobi / Kenya
- - 2017 in / London / United Kingdom
- - 2017 in / Doha / Qatar
- - 2015 in Oneoff Gallery / Nairobi / Kenya
- OFID (OPEC Fund for International Development) Collection - in Vienna / Sudan
- Museum of Fine Arts - in Alexandria / Egypt
- Modern Museum of Etching - in Cairo / Egypt
- Arab World Institute - in Paris / France
- UNESCO - in Paris / France