Dalia Baassiri is a multidisciplinary artist born in Sidon, Lebanon in 1981, graduated in 2003 from the Lebanese American University with a BS in Graphic Design and went on to pursue her MFA in 2012 at Chelsea College of Arts in London.
Growing up during the civil war, she spent most of her childhood indoors and found refuge in drawing at an early age. In her work, Baassiri is highly concerned with exploring materiality and surface, often focusing on volume, thickness, and weight. Her current investigations deal with the immediacy of the everyday, dust or traces left behind by human actions, and cleaning routines. Baassiri’s work has been showcased at Galerie Janine Rubeiz, Beirut Art Fair, Abu Dhabi Art Fair, the Ayyam Young Collectors’ Auction in Dubai, Celeste Prize 9th ed. in London and Arte Laguna Prize 13th ed. in Venice and many more. Her main first solo Exhibition in Lebanon Wiped off took place in 2017 at Galerie Janine Rubeiz where her work is permanently exhibited.
Dalia has been awarded by Fabriano, Maraya, and the Lebanese Web Design. She has also been granted art residencies among them; a fellowship at Siena Art Institute in Italy in 2015 by Kempinski Young Artist Program, a dual residency at RU in Brooklyn and Sculpture Space in Utica NY in 2016 sponsored by ArteEast, and the latest one in 2018 was awarded by Arte Laguna Prize 12th ed. at Espronceda Institute of Art and Culture in Barcelona where she held her solo exhibition Vesuvius.
- Finalist Exhibition - Arte Laguna Prize 13th ed - 2019 in Arsenale Nord / Venice / Italy
- East Meets West - 2019 in Stand4 Gallery / Brooklyn NY / USA
- Vesuvius - 2018 in Espronceda Institute of Art & Culture / Barcelona / Spain
- Abu Dhabi Art Fair - 2018 in / Abu Dhabi / United Arab Emirates
- Wiped Off - 2017 in Galerie Janine Rubeiz / Beirut / Lebanon
- Von Beirut Nach Berlin; Dialogue of Spaces - 2015 in Kempinski Hotel Bristol in cooperation with Siena Art Institute / Berlin / Germany
- Beirut Art Fair - 2015 in / Beirut / Lebanon
- - 2015 in Kempinski Hotel Bristol in cooperation with Siena Art Institute / Berlin / Germany
- Nostalgic Imagery - 2014 in Galerie Janine Rubeiz / Beirut / Lebanon
- The Young Collectors Auction - 2014 in Ayyam Gallery / Dubai / United Arab Emirates