Dalia Baassiri is a multidisciplinary artist born in Sidon, Lebanon in 1981, graduated in 2003 from the Lebanese American University with a BS in Graphic Design and went on to pursue her MFA in 2012 at Chelsea College of Arts in London.
Having grown up during the civil war, she questions the relationship with a country in continuous conflict. How does one identify with a land while having spent most of childhood indoors? In her multidisciplinary work ranging from drawing, painting to sculpture, she finds refuge and answers within the parameters of her own home. The world of the domestic, from dust to walls and everything in between, has become the most familiar fertile ground for artistic discourse. Baassiri’s work has been showcased at Galerie Janine Rubeiz (Beirut), Beirut Art Fair, Menart Fair (Paris), Art Dubai, Abu Dhabi Art Fair, the Ayyam Young Collectors’ Auction (Dubai), Galerie Odile Ouizeman (Paris), Stand4 Gallery and Community Art Center (Brooklyn NY), Arsenale Nord (Venice); OXO Tower Wharf (London) and many more. Her first solo Exhibition in Lebanon "Wiped off" took place in 2017 at Galerie Janine Rubeiz.
Residencies and prizes include a dual fellowship at at Kempinski (Berlin) and Siena Art Institute in Italy granted by Kempinski Young Artist Program (2015); a dual residency at Residency Unlimited in Brooklyn, NY and Sculpture Space in Utica, NY sponsored by ArteEast (2016); a Residency at Fallani Venezia in Venice and at Espronceda Institute of Art and Culture in Barcelona (we she had her solo "Vesuvius"), both awarded by Arte Laguna Prize 12th ed. (2018).
Her sculptures have been finalists for the Celeste Prize 9th ed. (2017) in London and at the Arte Laguna Prize 13th ed. (2019) in Venice.
- Finalist Exhibition - Arte Laguna Prize 13th ed - 2019 in Arsenale Nord / Venice / Italy
- East Meets West - 2019 in Stand4 Gallery / Brooklyn NY / USA
- Vesuvius - 2018 in Espronceda Institute of Art & Culture / Barcelona / Spain
- Abu Dhabi Art Fair - 2018 in / Abu Dhabi / United Arab Emirates
- Wiped Off - 2017 in Galerie Janine Rubeiz / Beirut / Lebanon
- Von Beirut Nach Berlin; Dialogue of Spaces - 2015 in Kempinski Hotel Bristol in cooperation with Siena Art Institute / Berlin / Germany
- Beirut Art Fair - 2015 in / Beirut / Lebanon
- - 2015 in Kempinski Hotel Bristol in cooperation with Siena Art Institute / Berlin / Germany
- Nostalgic Imagery - 2014 in Galerie Janine Rubeiz / Beirut / Lebanon
- The Young Collectors Auction - 2014 in Ayyam Gallery / Dubai / United Arab Emirates
More From Dalia Baassiri
Dalia Baassiri Dust Migration dust, wipes, glue, and acrylic primer on canvas 120 x 160 x 4 cm price upon request
Dalia Baassiri Home -I dust, rust, pastel, wipes on canvas, mounted on wood 54.5 x 60.5 cm price upon request