Oussama Baalbaki Follow Artist
Oussama Baalbaki (b. Lebanon, 1978) received his BFA from the Institute of Fine Arts, Lebanese University in 2002. He has participated in numerous group exhibitions in a wide array of institutions in Lebanon, including the Sursock Museum, and abroad in the cities of Abu Dhabi, Dubai, London, Miami, Munich, New York, and Washington. His solo exhibitions include Paintings in Black (2004) at Dar El Nadwa, Scenes of Isolation (2007) at Safana Gallery, Less smoke, and more… (2009), Rituals of Isolation (2011), Spectres of the Real (2015), Pleadings of the Light (2017) at Agile Art Gallery, Shadows of Gloominess (2014) at Galerie Tanit, hosted in collaboration with Agial Art Gallery, and Against the Grain (2018) at Saleh Barakat Gallery. In 2009, he won the silver medal for painting at the “Jeux de la Francophonie”. Baalbaki lives and works in Beirut.
- Pleadings of the Light - 2017 in Agial Art Gallery / Beirut / Lebanon
- Spectres of the Real - 2016 in Agial Art Gallery / Beirut / Lebanon
- Shadows of Gloominess - 2014 in Tanit Gallery / Beirut / Lebanon
- Thin Skin: Six Artists from Beirut - 2014 in Taymour Grahne Gallery / New York / USA
- Pen to Paper - 2013 in Athr Gallery / Jeddah / Saudi Arabia
- Ritual of Isolation - 2011 in Agial Art Gallery / Beirut / Lebanon