Born in Latakia, Syria in 1956, Mustafa Ali is a sculptor trained at the Faculty of Fine Arts in Syria then in Carrara, Italy. He won numerous prizes including the Golden Prize for the Latakia Biennale (1997), the Bronze Prize for the Sharjah Biennale (1992) and the first prize for competition held by the Arab World Institute in Paris (2008). Ali has shown his work around the world in solo exhibitions, notably at the Fayrouz Gallery in Bahrain (2000), Gallery Dahab in Beirut (2013) and Gallery Ayyam in Damascus (2011). His group shows include the exhibition Collective at Mark Hachem Gallery (2014), the Syrian National Museum (2009) and the exhibition with Nazir Ismail in Doha (2011).
- - 2014 in Kozah Art Gallery / Damascus / Syria
- - 2014 in Mark Hachem Gallery / Beirut / Lebanon
- - 2013 in Dahab Gallery / Beirut / Lebanon
- - 2011 in Ayyam Gallery / Damascus / Syria
- - 2010 in Dar Al Assad for Arts and Culture (Damascus Opera House) / Damascus / Syria
- - 2009 in The Syrian National Museum / Damascus / Syria