Wissam Al Shaabi
A Syrian visual artist, currently based in Damascus, his practice is characterized by his vibrant abstract visual expression.
Born in Damascus in 1986, Al Shaabi studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Damascus and earned his bachelor's degree. Painter and designer working from his studio in Damascus, Al Shaabi participated in many collective exhibitions in Beirut and Syria.
His paintings are part of private collections in the Middle East, Europe, and USA.
- Participation at the group exhibition in the Syrian Pavilion - 2021 in Expo / Dubai / United Arab Emirates
- The Contemporary Mediterranean Manifesto (Watch, Taste, Listen) - 2017 in Remomero Gallery / Beirut / Lebanon
- Aesthetic Experience - 2016 in Sole Insight / Beirut / Lebanon
- Syria Off Frame - 2014 in Fondazione Cini / Venice / Italy
- Colorful Sale - 2014 in 392rmeil393 Gallery / Beirut / Lebanon