Born into an artistic family, Khaled Akil is the son of the established Syrian painter Youssef Akil. He studied at the Beirut Arab University, earning a degree in Law and Political Science in 2009. After graduating, the self-taught photographer returned to his home country of Syria, just prior to the civil war, where he set out to explore the Syrian complexities through his art. Akil is currently based in Turkey.
- - 2011 in Karma Art Gallery / Aleppo / Syria
- - 2012 in Lahd Gallery / London / United Kingdom
- - 2013 in Chalabi Art Gallery / Istanbul / Turkey
- International Discoveries V - 2015 in FotoFest / Houston / USA
- Artparty - 2016 in / San Jose / USA
- - 2017 in Standford University / Stanford / USA