Dr. Ahmed is a Kurdish British Artist Born in 1962 in Sulaymaniyah, Kurdistan Iraq.
He is currently Director of Kurdology Center for Kurdish Studies, University of Sulaymaniyah, Kurdistan Region.
He graduated from the Institute of Art in Sulaymaniyah in 1985, earned his MA in Drawing from Camberwell college of arts London (2007) and his PhD from Chelsea college of arts (UAL 2013 London), with an unprecedented PhD project about Documenting the Kurdish Genocide (Anfal 1988) Through Drawing, recording by means of 355 detailed drawings the testimonies of 15 Anfal survivors as well as investigating the Kurds’ collective memory of the genocide.
Osman Ahmed has participated, as a member of panel and guest speaker, in many International conferences and seminars on Anfal and Genocide against humanity, and has also exhibited his works over the years in the Middle East and Europe, including a three month exhibition of his works entitled the “Displaced”, in summer 2008, at London Imperial War Museum.
29-10-2010: British Museum. Participation in the ‘Drawing Drawings’, a British Museum project, to do drawing after Leonardo da Vinci: Italian Renaissance Drawings.
International Art Fair - Art Istanbul 12-20 November 2015 -2016
Ahmed is the winners of the (IAGS) Artist prizes for 2017 last July, 2017. Conference in Brisbane Australia. http://www.genocidescholars.org/member-portal/iags-award-winners
- - 2017 in Hinterland Gallery / Vienna / Austria
- Restrictions on the Earth - 2016 in Hinterland Gallery / Vienna / Austria
- Restrictions of the Earth - 2016 in Karsi Sanat Gallery / Istanbul / Turkey
- Witnessing Yesterday - 2015 in Istanbul International Art, Tuyap Fair and convention center / Istanbul / Turkey
- Drawing from a Turner - 2006 in Prints and Drawings Room at Tate Britain / London / United Kingdom