Born in Iran in 1962, Yari Ostovany moved to the United States at the age of 16 and pursued his studies in Art first at the University of Nevada - Reno and then at the San Francisco Art institute where he received his MFA in 1995.
He has has exhibited extensively in the United States and internationally, and is the recipient of Sierra Arts Endowment Grant, Craig Sheppard Memorial Grant and Sierra Nevada Arts Foundation Grant.
Recent solo exhibitions include The Yard: Columbus Circle in New York, Stanford Art Spaces at Stanford University, Far Out Gallery in San Francisco, Rebecca Molayem Gallery in Los Angeles and Aria Gallery in Tehran, Iran. His work is in the permanent collections of institutions including the New Britain Museum of American Art (New Britain, Connecticut), Pasargad Bank Museum (Tehran,Iran), Chateau d'Orquevaux (Champagne-Ardenne, France), Permanent Collection of the University of Nevada - Reno Art Department and is represented by Foundation Behram Bakhtiar in France, Artscoops in Lebanon, Art Represent, Emergeast, and Ideel Art in London UK.
Awards & Grants
2007 Sierra Arts Endowment Grant
1993 Annual San Francisco Art Institute Student Exhibition
1989 1988 Craig Sheppard Memorial Art Scholarship
1988 Home Federal Bank Art Competition, Reno, Nevada
1988 Sierra Nevada Arts Foundation Grant, Reno, Nevada
1987 1986 Annual University of Nevada - Reno Student Art Exhibition
- Sandy Bennett Art Gallery - 2020 in Englewood / New Jersey / USA
- Boccara ART, Brooklyn - 2019 in / New York / USA
- The Greenpoint Gallery - 2019 in / New York / USA
- The Living Room Gallery (Saint Peter's Church) - 2018 in / New York / USA
- Far Out Gallery - 2018 in / San Francisco / USA
- Rebecca Molayem Gallery - 2018 in / Los Angeles / USA
- Aria Gallery - 2017 in / Tehran / Iran