Fatima Mortada is a Lebanese artist who was born in 1980. In 2007, she graduated from the Lebanese University with a first class honours diploma in Fine Arts. In 2009, Mortada moved to the UK to pursue a Master’s degree in Fine Art from the University of Southampton, Winchester School of Art, where she graduated with distinction in 2010. She then received a full 3 year scholarship for the PhD program. Mortada’s focus is to address the issues of identity and conflict that refer to her social background, the Middle East. She likes to experience with a wide-ranging of techniques and materials such as drawing, printmaking, painting, sculpting, filming, and making installations. In 2017, Mortada became the first Lebanese artist to be accepted into the Jiwar Foundation- Barcelon residency program.
- Labyrinth - 2014-03-08 in Mark Hachem Gallery / Beirut / Lebanon
- Letters from Levant - 2014-03-08 in Wadi Finan for Arts / Amman / Jordan
- Beirut Art Fair with Wadi Finan for arts - 2016-03-08 in / Beirut / Lebanon
- Seeds & Soul - 2016-03-08 in NW Gallery / London / United Kingdom
- Beirut Art Fair with Wadi Finan for arts and Lynda Abou Khater - 2017-03-08 in / Beirut / Lebanon
- Textile Art - 2018-03-08 in Wadi Finan for arts / Amman / Jordan