Bénédicte Gimonnet’s fascination for nature and her surroundings, from micro to macro worlds has been the source of her creative process and inspiration over the years. She has created a series of works oscillating between semi abstract, and figurative compositions. Her paintings explore the power and fragility of light as well as the energy and relativity of colour. Gimonnet's latest series entitled 'SEZ' (Seychelles) explores the complex flora compositions reminiscent of the lush vegetation of the Seychelles, using the most unexpected painting materials. Her work encompasses intricate pictorial and striking chromatic spaces shaped by unusual dynamic strokes, a clear invitation for the beholder to pause, muse and contemplate.
Born in Clermont-Ferrand, France, Bénédicte Gimonnet graduated in Fine Art Painting from the University of the Arts London, Wimbledon College of Art . She undertook a number of projects in Europe and in the United States. Gimonnet presently lives and works in the UAE and is a member of Emirates Fine Art Society. She teaches painting, drawing and history of art.
- Interconnection, Emirates Fine Arts Society - 2021 in Sharjah Art Museum / Sharjah / United Arab Emirates
- Caravane & Guests - 2019 in French Residence / Abu Dhabi / United Arab Emirates
- Between Macro and Micro - 2019 in La Galerie, Alliance Francaise Dubai / Dubai / United Arab Emirates
- Traveling Light - 2017 in Etihad Modern Art Gallery / Abu Dhabi / United Arab Emirates
- Lineaments - 2017 in Hotel Sofitel Dubai Downtown / Dubai / United Arab Emirates