Born in Beirut in 1963, Karine Boulanger is a French artist based in Sydney, Australia. She started painting as a child and was immersed early on as her father owned a gallery in the Marais in Paris. She studied Art in La Paz, Bolivia and at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Paris. Her works remain at the crossing of ‘Magical Realism’ from Latin America, Byzantine Art and European Classicism. Boulanger applies unusual intensely bright colours to her figurative landscapes of trees and forests. The light and shades of the numerous places she calls home can be traced through paintings.
- Sur la Terre comme au Ciel - 2009 in Museo Nacional de Arte / La Paz / Bolivia
- - 2009 in Galerie Deprez-Bellorget / Paris / Lebanon
- Une Vie Silencieuse - 2015 in Galerie Caroline Tresca / Paris / France
- Whispering Woods - 2016 in Galerie Janine Rubeiz / Beirut / Lebanon
- The Universe Dawned Red Today - 2016 in Spotte Art / New York City, NY / USA