Born in Tehran, Sayeh “Saya” Behnam is a visual artist with over 25 years of experience. She uses natural dry mediums as saffron, hibiscus, borage tea, henna, and coffee to create her colours. Behnam’s Gold Leaf series is concerned with concepts of sacred geometry and material purity, yet the Saffron, Tea, and Spice series goes into the essence and truth of who she is as a living being. She currently lives in Washington DC.
- McLean Projects for the Arts (ArtFest) - 2017 in / Virginia / USA
- - 2017 in Artist's Proof Gallery / Washington / USA
- Art Basel - 2016 in Scope Miami, with Arteponte Gallery / Miami / USA
- NYArtExpo - 2016 in / New York / USA
- - 2015 in The Montpelier Center for Arts and Education / Virginia / USA