Born in Tehran, Sayeh “Saya” Behnam is a visual artist with over 25 years of experience. She uses natural dry mediums as saffron, hibiscus, borage tea, henna, and coffee to create her colours. Behnam’s Gold Leaf series is concerned with concepts of sacred geometry and material purity, yet the Saffron, Tea, and Spice series goes into the essence and truth of who she is as a living being. She currently lives in Washington DC.
- - 2015-03-08 in The Montpelier Center for Arts and Education / Virginia / USA
- NYArtExpo - 2016-03-08 in / New York / USA
- Art Basel - 2016-03-08 in Scope Miami, with Arteponte Gallery / Miami / USA
- - 2017-03-08 in Artist's Proof Gallery / Washington / USA
- McLean Projects for the Arts (ArtFest) - 2017-03-08 in / Virginia / USA